Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's Basketball Season Again!

Nick's team had their first game tonight. He plays on a Boys & Girls Club team, and freshman and sophomores are in this league. They played a good sophomore team tonight. I don't think we'll be playing for first place this year. But the good news is after having only 10 points at half time, we ended with 42, and a less than 30 point difference from the winner! But the important thing is, the kids had fun. It's always fun to sit by Will and hear his remarks. When a kid ran down the court, leaving one shoe behind him, Will says, "You won't see that in the NBA!" We were proud of Nick but we had to chide him gently while we were driving out of the parking lot. Same problem he had at the beginning of the season last year, playing too politely. He only had one foul! Get aggressive, Buddy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am an agressive player I am. Its just I didnt have enough opportunities to smack someone up side the head or trip them not like I would any way I am just way to nice of a kid to do anything like that

Anonymous said...

perhaps he needs to picture his opponent as an uncle or particular cousin. aggression doesn't seem to be lacking for those. cant wait for christmas so i can whup him. douglas

SAHM said...

I never had any problems fouling in grade school, high school, or college basketball. :) I don't think I ever drew any blood, though. I was too considerate of my opponents. Just ask my 8th grade coach, who also saw my later games in my short career....we're married now. :)