Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A New Creation

Today Nathan's wife Kari sent us some pictures of Craig on his "new birthday" and subsequent changes in his appearance. Craig had grown out his goatee in honor of Tyler since November 19, 2005 when Tyler died. In one of their last conversations, Tyler had told him he was going to see how long he could grow his goatee when he got out of the Marines. I figured when the goatee lost it's importance, it would be an indication that some healing had taken place. Apparently Craig had trimmed it a bit since he left home, it appears squared off in the picture above.
Then when Craig left for Germany, he told me he was going to grow out his beard the whole time he was there. Thank God, He is a God of many miracles! "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Craig called me on Monday morning asking for the phone number of our youth pastor James because he wanted to tell him what's been happening. (When he talked to the receptionist at the church, he told her he was a long-lost friend of James!) He said, "Mom, you have no idea what it's like for me to have this peace!" He said he had some more great news that I should sit down for. "I'm going to be an uncle!" I sat down quickly. I'm a little slow sometimes. "Nathan and Kari are going to have a baby!" Whew!

God is so amazing! I am so grateful for his endless love and mercy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly think of Craig without crying. This is so wonderful. John

SAHM said...

This is so awesome, thank you for sharing. Craig looks as handsome as I've ever seen him! He looks like a man now, which can't be a good indicator of my age! (Since I baby-sat him as an infant!!)We are so happy!!