Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Party's Over

The big 80th birthday party reunion for my dad is now nothing but warm happy memories and tons of photos. It was everything I looked forward to, but it was so difficult trying to figure out how to be everywhere and talk to everyone. Every conversational group looked and sounded so interesting!

We went to the park in Brownsville for family pictures Sunday. My dad wasn't too sure he wanted a picture with my boys because he said they made him look short!


Last night I said good-bye to the last remaining out-of-state relatives when I visited my parents house to see my brother Tom and his family before they head back to Indiana. I did not get to hold their darling four-month-old Mandy much over the weekend, but I sort of made up for it last night. I got the bonus of watching old slides with them. I had no idea some of those treasures even existed! There's one more project for me, because I'm going to need to scan lots of them for myself and for the scrapbook I'm going to make for my dad!

So life is still very busy with Craig here, but by next week I will start posting some of the pictures and sharing some of the good times here. I probably should get permission to tell some of the wild stories my Canadian nephews shared about their distant youth. Laughter is so good for the soul. I feel very blessed to be part of this huge interesting and loving family. Thank you all for making it such a wonderful and memorable event.

Here is one of my favorite weekend pictures. Dad and babies have always gotten along really well - maybe it has to do with the ice cream he starts feeding them before they even eat solid food!


1 comment:

paula54 said...

Toby and I had a wonderful time at the party week-end. I'm soooo glad we came out there. There was so much going on I really didn't get to talk to everyone. Have some great pictures tho. Sorry I hogged Mandy at the birthday supper. She is such a sweetie! I don't recognize the baby in the pic. with your dad. She's a cutie too. Thanks again for all the hard work that went into the week. It is priceless!