Monday, September 15, 2008

Family Dinner

Yesterday at lunch was the first time in weeks that the five of us have all been home at the same time for a meal, so it was quite a celebration, for me at least. I was at church for two services versus the rest of the family only attending first service, and I texted them in that we were having "steal" and baked potatoes for lunch. I have to maintain my reputation for bad texting!

So we barbecued and ate out on the deck in the warm sunshine. Sometimes with this crowd, it's hard for Will to get a word in, since he actually thinks before he speaks. Toward the end of the meal, he asked, "So do you suppose I don't talk much because you guys talk so much, or do you talk so much because I don't talk very much?"

Craig's response was immediate. "Oh, Dad, how could you do this to me? I'll be trying to figure this out for the next week! You and your riddles!"

Oh yeah, we are very deep thinkers around here.

No comments: