Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Day at the Beach

After a full day of hard physical labor in the yard yesterday, I was so excited to go out to the beach today, with sunshine and temperatures in the 70s forecast the last time I checked. We even considered skipping church, but since Eric was playing the bass, we did the right thing and waited until after church to head west. I brought my beach chair, planning to lounge around and watch Will and Zeek play. Sunshine all the way to Newport - and the first glimpse of the ocean was obscured by fog. Low clouds hovered along the shore. And sadly, it was 55 degrees, not counting the wind chill factor! Oh well, we got great seafood from the South Beach seafood place and parked at the marina to eat it. Then it was off to the beach.


Zeek awoke from his long nap and had a great time cavorting on the beach.


Then Will was kind enough to buy us coffee to thaw my hands and we headed back home to the wonderful 75 degree sunshine!

No comments: