Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summertime

Well, I survived all the year-end activities and didn't mess up anything too bad. Only one parent called on the last day (Thursday) to criticize the promotion ceremony, which took place at 9:00 am that day. Why is it that when some people complain they feel the need to repeat each complaint several times? Yes, I agreed it was too long, we are sorry it went longer than intended. I am so sorry your husband is disabled and couldn't sit long enough to see his daughter receive her certificate. And on and on. I've received several memorable complaint calls from that parent over the years, and I rejoice that her child is moving on up to high school!

Friday we got the teachers checked out for the summer. This week has been amazing, with few phone calls and very light traffic in and out. The boss left, the new boss is moving into her former office, and the new assistant principal brought some of her things in. Lots of work to do to keep busy for a good long time. I get to take Fridays off this month and next to make up for all the long hours I've put in, as well as some time in July to go to the Metolius. I have always had the whole month of July off since I started working. But on the bright side, after I've been on the job for a year, I will get two weeks of paid vacation! That is also a first!


I love the summer hours - 8 am to 3 pm! Now if I could just train myself to go ahead and sleep an hour later!

No comments: