Tuesday, February 28, 2006

From Handsome to Hairless

Yesterday after school Eric asked me if I knew where a stocking cap could be found. When I inquired why he was interested, he informed me that he wanted his head shaved but he had to unload the truck at McDonald's that evening so if he couldn't find a "beanie" he would wait until after work to get it done so that he wouldn't freeze. He soon found the desired hat. Now, this is a boy who enjoys having a messy head of hair hanging in his eyes. He becomes thoroughly disgruntled when forced to have a haircut. In reponse to my surprised inquiries, he informed me that he was giving up his hair for Lent. Since when do you observe Lent? In school they learned all about Mardi Gras and Lent, so he and Molly decided to give up soda pop and for some unknown reason he chose to get rid of hair in honor of the occasion also. I like to think there is probably some deep, underlying spiritual significance to this decision. No doubt that is the case. After reviewing the results of my handiwork with a quarter inch comb on the clippers, I'm thinking there's a happy medium there somewhere. You just never know what a day will bring around here.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bald is a Beuatiful thing!!!

Anonymous said...

He kinda looks like Tyler. Maybe it's because of the blurry picture. HOpe you don't freeze you head. AuntC