Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Fruit and Flowers

I joined the camping guys Friday after work. They weren't really expecting me, so no one was there to unlock the gate, meaning I got to walk most of the mile in before I got a ride. But it was a lovely walk.

My boss brought a big fragrant bouquet of lilacs to work that day. I stuck them in the back seat cup holder and brought them along. I also had picked up a three pack of cantalope at Costco the day before. I was quite pleased with myself for sharing these two beautiful items with the campers. However, when I was inside the trailer I could overhear them talking outside. "Can you believe she brings fruit and flowers to a guys camping trip? Fruit and flowers? What is she thinking?" Yes indeed, a bitter disappointment when you're hoping for steak and cookies. (But I was very thankful to have a sprig of lilac to hold under my nose when Zeek passed a little gas wile sleeping in the 5th wheel. Yeah, I know, they always say the dog did it.)

We called Doug and Anisa Saturday afternoon and they came up with Duane and shared dinner with us.Will made a beautiful Dutch oven roast pork dinner, finishing it off with cherry cobbler served warm with ice cream. Ken lit the wood stoves over in the kitchen/classroom and we had dinner there.

No one had much success keeping the dogs out. Bruce's dog Clyde is sure easy going. Zeek would bite him and harass him unmercifully, then when Clyde would finally have enough, Zeek would hide under a chair and swipe at him from there!


So now we're all back home again. If only it would stop raining!

No comments: