Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wedding Weekend

I am blessed to work with some of the most wonderful people in the world, including an assistant principal who can make everyone feel good just by walking in the room, generally accompanied by hugs and smiles and laughter. She's just the best! (And she calls me "the Queen"!)  Today I enjoyed attending her wedding as she married the man of her dreams in beautiful Central Oregon on this deck overlooking the Deschutes River.
Such  a lovely setting. Here's a few of my co-workers as we waited for the ceremony to begin.
And here's the bridal party right after the ceremony. The purple shoes worn by the bridesmaids were simply fabulous. Sadly, they changed their shoes as soon as possible! I can't imagine why!
I'm pretty sure that if I had gorgeous purple shoes, I would not abandon them at the earliest possible moment for some flat black sandals. Just sayin'. 
 Such a beautiful couple! They are both "cryers", and she predicted they would both shed tears at the wedding. Sure enough, as she walked down the aisle, both the bride and the groom were visibly tearful. There was much eye wiping in the audience as well.
Check out the cake and the awesome H at the top. Yep, their last name starts with H.
Did I mention, purple m&ms? And even better, the bridal couple's initials and wedding date on some, their picture on others, and their pug on others? Too cute. Tragically, my close ups didn't turn out.
Her dress was absolutely gorgeous, front and back.

The groomsmen wore purple socks!
It was an absolutely gorgeous wedding for a couple who are beautiful inside as well as outside! I pray they will be blessed with a very long lifetime of love, joy and laughter.

Speaking of wedded bliss, I am so happy that my husband of nearly 30 years was by my side at today's festivities, even though, strangely enough, weddings are not one of his preferred Saturday activities!
It was a wonderful day!

No comments: