Thursday, February 01, 2007

This For The Nerds

Hello every body this is Nick McAnulty. I have never posted a blog on my parents blog so this is kinda new for me.

So tonight I was toying with the idea of creating a network drive for all the files my mom usually prints out for us all to see (such as the Saturday chore list!). So I started experimenting, and found out how to do this.

First I had to create a new file and share it among our network.
Then I had to map the network drive and that was that.

But I became obsessed with doing better and better. I created a network drive for every computer in the house. But I still wanted to do more so I had an external hard drive laying around so I networked the drive. I was excited about what I had done so I came downstairs to tell my father. He didn't seem too excited about it and called me an addict.

He also challenged me which was a lot of fun for me. He wanted me to make it so we could all view the same DVD at the same time from one computer. No sweat. I just did the same thing for that as I had done for all the other networked drives. So now we can all watch the same movie in different rooms on different computers.

Thanks for reading.
Leave some comments.

Sincerely
Nick McAnulty

5 comments:

MacNana said...

Nick, you are awesome. Thanks for backing up this whole blog on that external hard drive. It's great to have a kid smarter than me (at least in computers)!

MacNana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations--it looks like you are taking after your Uncle Tom.

SAHM said...

Nick, will you PLEASE come reconfig my wireless to my new IP? Windows can't read my wireless stuff and I've been AVOIDING it for 1 week, because last time it took 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a techie. :) I would pay big bucks. Congrats....you should blog more often about life in the teen years. :) By the way...how do you back up a blog?? :)

James said...

slick nick!

You need to wire in the refridgerator so that it will alert the network when it needs attention.

And then set up a laser cleaning system to take care of your saturday chores! Of course this laser system would be accessible on the network also. This way you could do your work from any computer in the world!!!!