Sunday, August 10, 2014

Father's Day

Watch out, I've started blogging again! I thought I might do a post of some of my favorite pics of my beautiful adorable sweetest grandson, but I came across Father's Day file and must share these with the family.

What a special Father's Day it was! My nephew Steve and his family from Fort St. John, BC were visiting. They had been to the graduation of my niece Faith's daughter Dannette and brought her and Jewel's daughter Betsy back from California with them. Galen and Carol invited all of us to their house for a Father's Day dinner. And here are some pics of our day.

 My son Nick became a father on Mother's Day, so here's our first Father's Day picture with a grandson. Unfortunately Craig had to work so the Father's Day pic is incomplete.
 The baby brings lots of smiles to Nick's face.
 Nick, Christina, and baby Kam.
 My niece Brittany is their next door neighbor, and she was great with child on Father's Day. Her dad/my brother Dave was there to share the day. Brittany is now the happy mother of Brody.
 One of the Canadian cousins, Rachelle, holds Kam while Lucy looks on, and oh how I wish I would have gotten all of Katelyn's lovely face in the picture!
 What an awesome group of men! Left to right, my sister Hope's husband Brian, my nephew Steve Troyer, niece Jody's husband Kevin Konzelman, brother Doug, niece Dawn's husband Kevin Headings, brother Galen, son Nick, brother Dave, and Will.
 A crazy game or two of Dutch Blitz took place among the younger crowd.
The world's problems could probably be solved by these guys if they could meet more often!

 The younger boys, (Hope's, Jody's and Dawn's) had a great time with basketball.
 Kevin Konzelman seemed to be having fun with it as well!
 My sweet sister Hope and I always enjoy being together.
 Dawn, Jody, Carol and Steve's wife Katie are pretty cool to hang out with too!
 My sister Linda with Dawn and Jenna.
 Hanging out on the patio…
 …watching some kickball.
 Very action packed.
 Plenty of entertainment by these energetic boys who go and go and go!
 Hope's Brandon doesn't like to have his picture taken so I'm so pleased when I get a good one!
 We took a group walk to the Santiam River nearby.


 Lots of rock skipping and picture taking happening...
 Rachelle and Betsy are so cute.
 Steve can hold his own with the rock throwing!
 This family has so many musical talents!
 Time to head back
 with just a little horseplay and silliness involved!
 Galen and Carol walking with Lucy.
And the last rays of the sun caught the artistic eye of these girls and they need to take some photos.

It was a great day together.  I am so grateful and blessed to belong with these brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews,  and all their spouses. Family! Can't imagine life without them!

No comments: