Saturday, July 08, 2006

Reunion Trip Day 10

Wednesday, July 5

All of us Troyer siblings went on a tour of the area to see some places where my parents and grandparents lived and went to my Uncle Ron’s grave. Then we met a cousin and her husband in Lincoln for lunch. The guys went on a tour of the state capitol and rode go carts, and the women went to the mall. In the evening, we had a room at the local pizza parlor where some cousins and my Uncle Kenny, Aunt Phyllis and Aunt Grace, who got back from a trip to Oregon late the night before, joined us. I learned that 50 some years ago, Phyllis had stayed with my parents helping with their three small children after my mom fell and hurt her back. They paid her $5 a week, which she used to buy her $75 wedding dress! After dinner, I finally got to see Uncle Kenny’s woodshop and some of his creations. I had to have the music box pictured that says "Peace on earth".

He also had a wall of old family pictures. Wow. Pictured here is my Troyer grandparents wedding picture and flowers and ribbon from the wedding. The original marriage certificate is in the frame above.
There were many beautiful and interesting things to look at, but we soon went back to Lela’s for dessert with the relatives.

No comments: