Wednesday, November 19, 2008

LCpl. Tyler John Troyer

I didn't know what to say on this third anniversary of the day Tyler was taken from us by a sniper's bullet in Iraq. But I just received a text from his sister Brittany with this picture on it and this message:

"It has now been three years since Tyler left us. Today is a day of remembering. If you are thankful for your freedom, pass this along so that everyone remembers this fallen hero on this special day! He is never gone unless forgotten. You are missed by so many, LCpl Tyler John Troyer! "

Well put, Brittany. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers today. May God's peace and healing touch surround you and your family.

I am remembering happy times, such as the one below showing Tyler and his cousin Craig with their short Uncle John at Grandpa's house.

2 comments:

paula54 said...

I only met him once when he was a little boy. I think of him every day as I have the button pin with his picture on it on my kitchen bulletin board.

Anonymous said...

Thank you LeAnn for making this remembrance to Tyler. I had been thinking of him all day and of course throughout the years. What good memories we have of him.
Carol