Sunday, November 02, 2008

One thing down, one to go

On Saturday morning, Will and I did some separate errands then met to go out to lunch. First of all he had a fit about how long it took me to get from the library to GI Joes. (I wanted to make sure the interior of my car looked really good before he joined me.) Then as we headed down the street to Red Robin, it started raining. I turned my wipers on. I was about to turn in the parking lot when Will loudly ordered me not to turn and started exclaiming over and over, "Oh my gosh." An argument ensued because I felt I needed to turn there, but he seemed incapable of coherent speech.

We had a bit of commotion in the car for awhile until I realized his state of shock and horror was due to the sight of my windshield wipers. Half of the one on the right side had split away and was flopping merrily behind the actual wiper. In my defense, I tried to take care of it awhile back. I was at the Shell station and I asked Eric if I could buy them there. He said yes, but it would cost me over $20! I declined. I asked Nick to come by after school some day and take care of it for me but he never got around to it. I don't think a princess should have to deal with mundane things like that. Somebody should just take care of it for me.

We pulled up to Knechts, went in, and Will asked the young man there to show me how easy it is to get new wiper blades. This wonderful young man had them replaced in no time at all for $8.95!!! Wow!

After lunch we went out to a couple of furniture stores. I need a new footstool or ottoman. Until recently, I had a cute little footstool but frequent use by too many great big heavy man feet caused the cute little legs to give way awhile back. I like to put my feet up when I sit down to read. We walked into a furniture store and Will told me if I didn't go tell a salesperson what I was looking for, he would announce what I was currently resting my feet on. It was only the previous night that I had come up with this wonderful idea. We had just purchased a brand new huge package of toilet paper. I took possession of it, covered it up with the beautiful denim comforter from my family room, and had an extremely comfortable (and attractive) footstool. Tacky? Maybe, especially now that some toilet paper rolls have been removed from it and it's sagging a little on one side.

Where is a good place to buy an ottoman? I'm thinking maybe a black leather one with storage. Just not a great big one. In the meantime, maybe I'll go buy another big package of toilet paper. If I pin the edges of the blanket together, maybe tie a big bow around it, I might win an award on a design show or something. Is that what they call cheap chic?

2 comments:

paula54 said...

You really need to write a book. Your writing reminds me so much of Erma Bombeck! I love her books. Thanks for my chuckle for the day.

Anonymous said...

Might I suggest target? Believe it or not, they actually have some very nice stuff. Happy hunting! Carol