Saturday, January 08, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dear Linda

My oldest sister turned 58 today. We had a party for her at Kris' Kitchen in Lebanon. Linda was beaming when she walked in! Mom said she came out of her bedroom this morning smiling and announcing that it was her birthday. I hope I'm that happy when I turn 58!
 We had a chocolate cake with marionberry filling. (Absolutely fantastic!) Kris provided a cupcake for her to blow out candles so the cake could remain pristine!
 Isn't she cute!
Kris Krabill is the owner of the bakery, so it was indeed a family affair. The cashier was also a Krabill cousin and she gave Linda a birthday card, and so did Kris. I'm sure there's no where else we could take her where she'd get that kind of birthday treatment! The bakery has been open for about a year, and is a great place to get delicious, from-scratch baked good, from scones, bread, pies, cookies, cinnamon rolls, etc. It's a good thing for me that Lebanon isn't on my daily route!

Linda loves her family and is always so happy to be with us. She is a great example of finding joy in simple things.

No comments: