Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Literary Devices

Haven't felt much inspiration for blogging lately. Sometimes it's easier just to share a pithy comment on Facebook. At least I like to delude myself that it's so. For those of you who don't have it, here's the long version of today's post there.

I'm having a little trouble at work getting tech work orders done in a timely manner. Well, not just me, there's too few people to cover so many of us technologically stunted people. I submit all the tech work orders for staff, and I've started noting the work order numbers so I can easily refer to them when I have to follow up on the lack of activity to solve them. So I was checking up on one from October earlier this week, and it had mysteriously disappeared. I sent off an email about it, asking if I should re-submit it, and the tech guy emailed back, "Yes, defiantly put in another work order." How can I defiantly follow an instruction? I'm just too old and submissive to be all that defiant anymore. I even forbade myself to email back a response that I definitely would do so.

I am totally not dissing our tech staff, they are great guys and bend over backwards to help out when they finally get to our building or take a call. They are really patient and good at what they do!

Of course, I can't feel superior for too long. I email the daily announcements out to staff each morning, and it's way too boring to title it "Daily Announcements" or "Wednesday Announcements", so occasionally I use an alliterative description. Today, "Wednesday's Whirl" seemed very appropriate with the way the morning was going. However, after I sent it out, I noticed it said "Wednesday's Whril". My favorite English teacher disappointed me and failed to email me any clever comments about my error. I think tomorrow I will have to title it "Thursday's Thrill". That way I will get to use another literary device tying the two days together. Alliteration and rhyme, wow, how will I top that next week?! And you thought it was easy being an office manager!

Obviously it is time for me to go to bed.

No comments: