Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm so Proud

Last weekend, I declined the opportunity to go with my husband to the annual banquet of a certain elite team that he belongs to, graciously allowing him and his boss to go enjoy it together. I always feel that I really should attend these events, just in case he should finally be recognized for his many superior talents and abilities and receive some prestigious award. They usually notify the wife that her presence would be desired if such an honor is planned, and I received no notification. So I was bitterly disappointed when he came home and I learned I had missed out on his acceptance of a special, unique award. Apparently on a recent mission with this team, in the absence of the designated negotiator he took on the role (for which is he fully trained and qualified) and performed it in such a memorable and successful manner that they just couldn’t let it go unrecognized. So as a fitting tribute to his eloquence, they presented him with "Mr. Sarcastic –The Little Bear with the BIG Attitude!" This cute little sun-glasses-wearing stuffed animal utters 12 different inspiring comments, such as "You’re not worthless, you make a great bad example." It came equipped with a light sensor so it can be free to talk without waiting for its hand to be squeezed, a feature which Nick quickly activated. When I came downstairs the next morning in my ancient robe, the bear was on the coffee table and I was a bit startled when it said scornfully, "Oh brother, who dressed you this morning?" Obviously very smart as well as sarcastic!

3 comments:

SAHM said...

I think Will's found the closest thing to a "Ken Doll" being made for him. :)I thought teenagers took care of all of the sarcastic observations that a house would ever need? Or was that just us when we were that age? Still waiting to see your fantabulous funtiture! Guess I'll have to drop in next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Doug would like to know if this furry friend comes with assigned pink underwear? douglas

MacNana said...

Very funny Douglas.The pink underwear won't get issued unless you vote the other guy in. That article is definitely worthy of a place in Will's career scrapbook! For you out-of-towners, it was in today's paper, titled "Pink underwear an issue? Not really" The candidate running against our sheriff requested and received an endorsement from the legendary sheriff of Maricopa County in Arizona, Joe Arpaio, who is famous for issuing pink boxers to prisoners for inventory control!

Dawn, you definitely need to come by. We have not had many guests since the new furniture!