Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Countdown to School

Wow, what a hectic week. I go in early, I stay late, and still the piles on my desk grow. But it is great fun having the staff back at school and meeting new and returning students and parents as they continue to stream in and register. People have been surprisingly nice even when faced with mess ups (not mine, of course!). My respect and admiration for my new principal and assistant principal grow every day.

Nick is counting down the days til he is done working. School is sounding pretty wonderful to him in comparison to 12 hours a day in a dusty seed warehouse! Friday is his last day. We still haven't found him any new school shoes yet. In Albany, if wear a size 13 you often have to search quite a few stores to find the shoe you want. And who has time to shop out of town right now?

I am looking forward to relinquishing the lawn mowing back to him. I hadn't touched a lawn mower for probably 20 years, but I was just too kind to make my hard-working son do it when I was off work in July, and of course it's hard on my tall husband's back. I couldn't believe what a workout it was to push that mower around the yard! I congratulated myself that I was getting great exercise. But I was totally exhausted before I was half done. Fortunately, Will came home, walked out and pushed that nice lever down that powered the front wheels. It was amazing how much easier it got! And I was ready for it! It's amazing how stupid a grown woman can be sometimes!

Only two more days to get ready for school to start. My goal is to be there at 6 AM tomorrow and leave before 6 PM. Will has already headed up to the Posse Camp where Nick and I hope to join him Friday.

No comments: