Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Men Cook

This morning while I was backstage second service, waiting til it was time to go back on the platform with the worship team at the end of the service, I suggested to Will (who had returned home after first service) via text message that perhaps he would like to get creative with the hamburger in the fridge for lunch.

When I walked in my front door, I was greeted with the heavenly smell of beef and onions cooking. He and Eric had made oven hobo dinners, one for each of us. I had purchased a family pack, about seven pounds, of hamburger at Costco, and I asked Will what he had done with the rest of the hamburger.

"What do you mean, the rest of the hamburger?" he asked. I couldn't believe it! "You mean you used it all??"

"We are meat-eating men in this house," he declared. "We like our meat. You didn't say anything about how much hamburger I could use."

He let me rant and rave about how that hamburger should have provided a week's worth of meals for this family (not that I would use hamburger at every meal for a week) and I couldn't believe they would even think of using the whole package for one meal. He tried to appease me by saying that there would probably be leftovers.

Then I opened the fridge to prepare a healthy salad and saw the rest of the hamburger sitting in there. When will I ever learn not to fall for these things?

1 comment:

SAHM said...

How endearing! I just cooked down the 5 lb package I got this morning! Somehow the smell of hamburger seasoned with salt, pepper, and onions made my oatmeal and blueberries a little less appealing. ;)

Dawn