Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a beautiful sunny Thanksgiving day it was, and we have so much to be thankful for.

Here is Will while he was still happy, just before the death of the ancient electric knife which his mother handed down to me 23 years ago. While demonstrating his turkey carving techniques to Tessa, the Korean foreign exchange student hosted by Doug's family, and who had never eaten turkey, the electric knife gave out. He had to send Nick out to the trailer to get the knife sharpener before turkey carving could continue, because he never believes I keep my knives sharp enough.
We enjoyed a traditional fabulous Thanksgiving feast. We missed Craig, who I believe was traveling to Barcelona that day, but we are very thankful that he is where God wants him to be. I asked those around the table to try to look natural and unposed with their faces toward the camera. This is what I got.

Will always gazes at me adoringly just like this.
Will got called out on a search in the Quartzville area just as we were serving dessert. Fortunately the people were located unharmed a few hours later and he got to return home to enjoy the evening snacks and pie.

In the afternoon, Anisa and I took a walk and watched our boys play some basketball. Way to go Duane!
Venisa experimented with cutting Duane's hair for the first time. As long as Guitar Hero can go on he is unperturbed by it!
Unfortunately, we couldn't get Nick to agree to a haircut, even though Will is offering to buy him a tank top and short shorts so he can look just like Richard Simmons! If he is going to look like Richard Simmons, I am hoping he will adopt the cheerful exuberance as well. Although I am told by the McAnulty men that they are incapable of such a personality.

Doug managed to struggle through the afternoon in front of the football games without Will.
Anisa and I did a little scrapbooking on Dad's 80th birthday scrapbook. Now that was a project, just getting the pictures for it! I downloaded the pictures from the cameras of Galen, Doug, Dawn, Mom, Tom, Jean and of course myself and then got to figure out which ones to print out of all of them. What fun! The scrapbook is going to be much bigger than I first invisioned!

Now I am going to spend the afternoon working on it. Nick and Will took off geocaching, Eric is working, my house is tidied up and my laundry is going. I shall pour a cup of my caramel truffle flavored coffee and enjoy being absorbed in creating an album. The perfect afternoon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder what was on the empty plate on the floor next to Douglas? Pie, maybe. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Bro DAve

Ronda said...

I would love to share the afternoon with you scrappin and sippin coffees! Can't wait to see the album when it is finished. A true labor of love!