Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Nebraska Trip

Last Thursday, I took an unexpected four-day trip to Nebraska with three other family members to attend my Aunt Jeannine's funeral. We had a really good trip and I want to write more about her and the weekend when I'm not so tired, but I thought I'd share these amazing pictures tonight since I'm still up waiting for Nick. His Event Technology class is setting up for a big Winter Assembly talent show happening at the high school tomorrow. His cell phone just accidentally called me and I could hear appropriate background noises as I shouted out his name, trying to make him realize he had called me! I can't believe they are keeping kids out so late on a school night. But tomorrow is the last day before Christmas break. Yahoo!

On our way from Cairo to the Omaha airport Sunday, we stopped in Milford where my dad's family lives and had lunch with about 30 of them at a buffet. We went to my Aunt Lela's house after lunch, and as we pulled into her driveway, I saw a basketball hoop put to a use that I have never seen before. Here's Lela's grandson Taylor checking it out.
It was my Uncle Gary's 10th deer this year. Aunt Lela says it's enough! They make wonderful jerky. But it has to wait its turn. My little brother Doug had to check out this fine frozen-solid specimen.

Wow.

Nick just texted me that I should go to bed because it will be awhile. I asked what was taking so long. His reply, "We are doing a bunch of tech things that u wouldn't understand." Thank you for sparing me! I asked him to text me when he leaves the school so I know when to send his father to go check the ditches if he doesn't reach home in a timely manner. So I shall go to bed now and try to sleep. Many late nights lately!

No comments: