Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break

My exciting recreation over spring break is scanning slides. We have oodles of them. I took hundreds during my year in Holland (1978-79). I started out scanning them but got side tracked with some from the early backpacking years of our marriage. We always liked to go check out the view from the highest points we could get to.
Will could no doubt tell you the exact location where he stands in this picture, but I am ashamed to admit I cannot. I'll fill it in when he comes back. He and Nick are camping. I'll join them toward the end of the week if I ever get my work done at the office, which, by the way, is freezing. Everyone knows it is not cost effective to heat a building just for a secretary and custodians. I wore my gloves at my desk today when I wasn't typing.
Yep, that's me back in 1984. Quite the beast of burden. I was having fun. Really. It was an amazing meadow filled with blooming lupine.
And of course, Will has always had a gift for finding great places to relax.

No comments: