Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday update

The runaway kids have been found and returned.

The parking lot project is delayed pending further discussion.

I didn't hear anyone fretting about swine flu today.

My inbox is nearly overflowing again. I only worked 11 hours today.

I spent a good bit of time making arrangements for a fundraiser with Burgerville to raise money to get new workstations in our office. We both sit away from the front counter with old mismatched, tacky looking desks and computer desks. We are constantly hopping up and down to help people at the counter and would love to have a more professional, welcoming and efficient office space. But in the current economic climate, the only way it will happen is if we fundraise for it. I hate fundraising. But hopefully we will do well with Burgerville. We will wait tables there next Thursday May 7 from 5-8 and give away balloons to kids! So put it on your calendar!

My co-worker got chewed out by a parent and finally hung up on her. No one chewed me out today. I'm so lucky.

Will called from the posse camp and claims he is helping with a building project up there. Zeek and Bruce's dog are having a great time. Will was cooking a beef heart in the Dutch oven. Lucky Bruce. (We got a quarter of a beef last week.) Will claims to like beef heart. He sounds very cheerful and happy. So do I. I visited the library on my lunch break and have a fun new book to read. Here I come!

No comments: