Sunday, July 23, 2006

Wow it's Hot!

Can you believe how hot it has been? We don't have air conditioning. The head of this household doesn't believe it's appropriate to comjplain about being hot or cold. Did you ever notice how saying you're hot doesn't change anything? So he doesn't understand the point of talking about it. I certainly don't want to be called a weather wimp, so I try not to complain. But wow it is really hot.



Now that I finally have that off my chest. We've had a quiet week at home. Nick has had the most excitement. He and Will shopped for all the items on the Search and Rescue equipment list last weekend. I'm not sure who was more excited. Then there was the fun of packing all that stuff into the overnight backpack and the day pack.

Before he was even finished packing, he got a call to be at the Sheriff's office at 6:00 a.m. the next day to search for a lost camper. Sadly, the lost walked out of the woods while they were on the way up the mountain. So he spent the day up there helping take down their command center, because they'd been up there for three days. A news crew came up and Nick got on the news, standing in the background.

Then on Tuesday, we took a trip to the DMV and Nick walked out of there the proud owner of a permit to drive. With three weeks on the road to study, he got a respectable 93%. Now he's a total pain wanting to go somewhere all the time and wanting to drive even when it's not a good time. When we return home, he always goes to the far end of the loop we live on and drives around the entire thing. Oh well, he's the last one so we must enjoy every moment.

Eric's car broke down and had to be towed. It's fixed now, but he no longer has air conditioning because the price to fix it was a little to close too the car's value. Fortunately, Eric, like his father, seems somewhat oblivious to heat, cold, rain, etc.

Eric had to shave the prized beard. He trimmed it neatly and went to work to see if anyone would notice. They noticed. He has it down to a goatee now, which McDonald's finds acceptable. His blistered thumb is healed now that he once again has access to guitar picks. I also finally found a place that has shoes for freaks. Strangely enough, it's called Oddball Shoes. Somehow it failed to show up on my previous online searches. I ordered and already received a pair of black Vans, size 15. I don't know what I'll do now that I no longer have a constant quest for shoes for freaks. I shall have to find a new purpose in life.

It is really hot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weather wimp. It is ok to be cold wet tired and hungry. Just don't mention it more than once. I have a secret, I am a little warm. There I said it. But, by the time you read it, it will be cool again.

Anonymous said...

If i had an office with a mr. rogers sweater draped across the back in case of chilling,and the only heat i had to encounter was on the path from there to my new SUV, which by the way has probably been previously cooled by some peon per command, heat would not be a factor for me either. By the way, i read this and its STILL HOT!!!! DOUG THE PLMR.

Anonymous said...

It was pretty warm here today too, musta been about 65. Oh but Saturday it was really hot, and I was mixing and pouring cement. for sure it was at least 75. Nice and cool mornings though, about 38 so a light jacket feels just right. Nope, you wont find me complaing about the heat. I just suck it up and take it like a real man. You poor wimps in the south...
I remain,
The Smart one in the family

Anonymous said...

Sis, there is nothing wrong with expressing oneself, until it is becoming repetitious, then it becomes WHINING! Yes, it has been rather warm, but a/c is wonderful! Makes it bearable. your slightly north brother