Monday, March 22, 2010

Past to Present

I love old photos. Yesterday through the magic of today's technology, I put my memory card in Mom's computer and was able to bring home pictures that until recently had been slides, unviewed by most of us for many years.

Here are "the three little ones", Hope, Dave, and Doug, on one of our trips to Oregon. What kind of car is that anyway?!

Our house in Cairo, Nebraska had a peony border that was just fantastic when in full bloom.

Little Doug and Dave are pretty cute too. Wish the photo wasn't so blurry.


Riding our bikes around the block could entertain us for many happy summer hours. It's Hope, me, Mark, Linda, Dave and Doug. Dad was great at finding nice used bikes for all of us!

I remember feeling a lot more grown up than I look on my 12th birthday, a few months after moving to Oregon!

Here are the nieces and nephews with Uncle Tom and Aunt Jean! What a tribe!

Brianna and Tyler look like they posed for this one....are we done yet?!

I love this one of my dad up in the tree with his grandkids, Brianna, Jenna, Craig and Tyler.


Of course, my favorite has to be my dad with my baby Craig.

It's bitter sweet to look back on happy times when the present is uncertain. I pray that in his final season on this earth, my kind, gentle father will know how much he is loved and honored, and that God will bless him with peace and comfort.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LeAnn, I believe that is A fFord Fairlane station wagon, but I am not positive. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's the Fairlane that we were driving to Oregon when Dave and Doug got left at a gas station. That wagon really left some tracks when dad took off to find them! Dad is one of a kind. John

Anonymous said...

a 1965 model -it got boiling hot in western NE when we pulled the trailer to Oregon, Dad waited for it to cool, then changed the spark plugs, added water, then we took off and like a good Ford, it kept on ticking for several years. It's the car they were still driving when they moved to Oregon in the Fall of '70.

Galen