Sunday, August 29, 2010

Retreat Prankster Unwittingly Strikes Again

So, the infamous fake cockroach got me again. (http://wlenmusings.blogspot.com/2010/01/retreat-ramblings.html)  I took one to school after the retreat last fall, with disappointing results. My sometimes annoyingly level-headed co-worker was not fooled by it when she moved a paper and saw it on her desk. But I was cleaning out a drawer last week and felt something strange when I grabbed a stack of paper. I turned it over and screamed when I saw...a cockroach!!! Why can't I be annoyingly calm and level-headed? Oh well, once my panic attack was over I enjoyed a hearty chuckle.

Also, I'm wondering how many other people have done this. I'm pretty sure it is perfectly normal to forget that you have a little straw in your coffee and bring it up to your mouth to take a sip, thereby inserting the straw straight up your nostril, where it sticks for a moment, dribbling coffee onto your new off-white sweater just before you have to go up in front of the whole church and sing on worship team. Everyone has probably forgotten about that little straw at least once, right?

No comments: