Thursday, June 02, 2011

Risky Evening Walks

Tonight's Facebook post: Amazingly, the gentle precipitation ceased 10 minutes into this evening's jaunt. I boldly faced my fears and overcame Post Traumatic Skunk Disorder (Thank you to Tori Oswald for diagnosing that for me!), even venturing to frequently walk backwards down Skunk Road to keep an eye on the brilliant rainbow that lit up the dark clouds in the east during the entire 45 minute walk! The cloud broke up and the sun was visible in the blue skies to the west. God has promised that it will not rain forever! Glory be!

I started doing Facebook updates after my evening walks on Tuesday with this one:

"When one valiantly overcomes the ennui occasioned by nonstop gray drizzly skies and marches forth on a brisk evening walk in spite of the additional excuse of pain in her feet, it's quite unfair that she receives a blow to her unsuspecting head from a tree branch, unseen due to hood-impaired vision. Quite frightening. Oh well, at least the beauty of the wild roses was glimpsed while peering out from under her hood."

I am considering looking for a Worst Writing Contest because I think that paragraph has potential to win!

No comments: