Monday, October 24, 2011

Scintillating Conversation

It's just amazing the exciting conversations we have at the dinner table, just Will and I. Tonight the newspaper was lying there, neatly folded, awaiting my after-dinner perusal. I noticed a story title "Next up for mid-valley weather: Frost...maybe" and thought sadly about my pretty pink impatiens still blooming out under the trees. Then I got up from the table to get something from the kitchen, put a few dishes in the dishwasher, came back to the table.

I saw the paper headline again and said something about maybe having frost tonight. Will gave me a look and said, very kindly and patiently, "Yep, it's that time of year. That's what I told you when you mentioned it earlier." Hmmm. I could have sworn I only thought about mentioning it earlier. And I think Will mumbled when he replied.

Well, at least I can rest assured that as we get older we will never run out of things to talk about - over and over again!

It is just amazing, the exciting conversations Will and I have at the dinner table!

No comments: