Friday, December 23, 2011

Our Day Out

I realized today just how patient my husband is. Many women would love to see such patience demonstrated by their husbands. Why then, did I find it so irritating?

We decided to take the day off and have a fun day out. About 10:00 I told him I was ready any time he was. He was piddling around in the garage doing something. I tidied up the kitchen, discovered an extra set of lights and carefully strung it on the tree (a delicate task indeed on a decorated tree). I wondered what he could be doing to take so long, so I finally decided to take my jacket and a little cooler of snacks and drinks to the pickup. I was astonished when I opened the front door and found him sitting in the front seat with the pickup running, patiently waiting for me! "And just how was I supposed to know you were out here ready and waiting?" I inquired somewhat testily. "You saw me in the garage putting my coat on, didn't you?" Good grief!!

Well, it was a beautiful day at the Findley Wildlife Refuge. The sun was shining and it was 50 degrees.
We saw lots of ducks and geese, and a couple of hawks also.
We had a late lunch in Monroe at a little bakery/deli called "The Sweet Spot". Cute little place, very friendly proprietor. I liked her because she complimented me on my festive holiday outfit. (Red sweater with elf turtleneck. Oh, and of course, Santa earrings.) I enjoyed the red bows stuck up randomly on the walls as Christmas decorations, as well as the somewhat tacky red tinsel garland strung along the wall. The coffee was great, Will's Rueben was great, and my Philly Cheese Steak was a little dry. But I would go back. We like little local places.

Late lunch equals no dinner preparation required. How handy, since there is a 6 pm Friday night Zumba class to attend!

No comments: