Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

What a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! It's the first Thanksgiving in quite a while that I haven't hosted, so I took advantage of the freedom and signed up for the Oregon Mid-Valley Road Race 5.2 mile hill challenge, which started at 8 a.m. That was a great way to start the day, and the rain even stopped just before the race started. I tripped on a big rock about half a mile from the finish line but managed to windmill myself to stay upright and didn't cause any damage other than to raise my heart rate even higher than it already was. Thank you, guardian angels, for once again protecting me from myself.

When I arrived home, I received a call from my brother Galen that his wife was sick and not up to hosting, much to her disappointment. The location was changed to Mom's house in Brownsville. We missed Carol and are so sorry she was unable to enjoy Thanksgiving with the family.

We don't usually do a big extended family Thanksgiving dinner, but with my brother Mark and Paula joining us all the way from Alberta, Canada, it was an extra special occasion. And of course, the baby grandson Kam's first Thanksgiving made it special as well.

I'm trying something new here, I posted the pictures in a Facebook album and put the link here. Even if you're not on Facebook, you should be able to see the pics. (This is for you, Jean!)

Thanksgiving album

How blessed we are. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Black Friday shopping or not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou LeAnn!!! How thoughtful!!
Jean