Monday, May 04, 2015

Kam Overnight

Kam will be one year old in one week. He spent the evening and night with us on Saturday, and we observed that he did not spend much time playing with toys.  He was very busy exploring and checking out his environment. His unsteady staggering walk is so funny to watch and opens up a whole new world for him. He can go up the stairs lickety split, then he turns the corner, and crawls rapidly town the hallway. I follow right behind him but wait at the top of the stairs, and he thinks it's hilarious when I peek around the corner. We enjoyed many rousing games of peek-a-boo.

The camera battery was charging in the wall there behind him, and he wanted to play with it. I was so proud of him though, when Nana said no, he left it alone. He did pause several times on his travels up and down the hallway, look at it, look at me, and when I said no he would continue on.  Such a good boy. (Ok, he's not always that good with "no"! This Nana really hates to have to say it!)
Come back to Nana!


She is so funny with her peek-a-boo!

Love, love, love! Baby joy!
The swing at the park was exciting.

The spinning wheel was absolutely mesmerizing.
Back at our patio, he supervised Zeek having a drink. It's funny how Zeek immediately starts running around and showing off for Kam, who then laughs.

Kam really wanted to chew on sticks with Zeek, but Nana wouldn't allow it.
Pushing chairs around seems to be very fulfilling for him.
 Let's just turn this into an unconventional seating area.
He can't quite reach the knob on the door, but he is able to pry the door open. Lids are very fascinating.
Ready for bed in his cute Ninja Turtles pjs! So adorable! He needed one more trip up the stairs. This time instead of just crawling rapidly up, he had to do a little exploring.
And instead of just crawling in the hall, it was time to do some walking. Nice angle - leaning forward makes him look like he is all forehead. (Which he is not of course!)
And Papa reads a story before bed. Hmm, the story starts out a little different when Papa reads it…"Manufactured in China. A Bright and Early Board Book. Random House New York…"
 After a good night's sleep, he was happy to discover the lid drawer while Nana made breakfast.
 Kam was experimented with how a banana felt on his ear and on his eye! Isn't food interesting!
 All dressed up for church and so pleased with himself! I didn't have time to get him to be still for a picture. That gets harder and harder these days!
 Church was interesting. He loves the music. I brought quiet toys, but he's not a particularly quiet boy. Most toys seemed to need some vocalization from him, which I hadn't realized before. He soon wanted to explore our surroundings, so we headed back to the "cry room" where we could be enclosed but see out a window into the church.
 It was the perfect place for us.
There may have been more peek-a-boo going on. (I was at my exercise class tonight and I was facing another lady with some bars between us and I found myself having to resist the impulse to start peek-a-boo with her around the bars!)

So be careful about asking me how was my weekend. I'm sure I wouldn't go on and on about how awesome my grandson is.  But I'm not just a crazy unbalanced obsessed grandma. Friday night I enjoyed a girls night out with some fabulous friends, Saturday Kam's mama and I got to go to a ladies lunch at church and do a little shopping together, Saturday night was pure joy with Will and this sweetheart, and Sunday evening with my other kids (though we missed Molly) and some fabulous fresh chinook cooked by Craig on the Traeger.  So I live a well balanced life! Oh why can't life just be made up of weekends? Back to work today, busy busy busy, but I lucked out by being out to lunch when an unfortunate child threw up all over the carpet three feet from my desk. Ok now I'm starting to ramble.

The end.

(I miss him!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is an absolute doll...loved getting to see your little guy on Sunday...so cute...Being a Grandma is the best job in the world!!! (as you now know)