Sunday, March 20, 2016

Baby Shower for McAnulty Granddaughter #1!

Soon there will be a tiny McAnulty baby girl named Evelyn brightening our lives.

When my oldest son Craig was 15 years old, for some reason we were discussing my lack of a female child. He said, "Don't worry, Mom, I will make sure that you have a granddaughter someday."  Amazingly enough, he and his wife are expecting a baby girl next month. Excitement is rising, especially since the beautiful baby shower arranged by my sister-in-law Anisa and her daughter Venisa last Saturday.
 Anisa and Steph enjoyed being co-workers for a couple of years and grew close. 
 Steph's mom Linda came all the way from Florida.

A fun game…to guess the price on a variety of baby items.
I was not very good at this game.

Let's ponder this…
 I believe my sister Hope (far left), grandmother of 10 lovely little ones, won this game.  (I didn't take notes and since I'm a forgetful grandma, there is a slight worry that I'm remembering this wrong.)
 The food was lovely and delicious.
 Steph thought so too!
 "Stay fancy."
 My sisters, Hope and Jean, seemed quite concerned that I was trying to catch an ugly picture of them chewing food.  Never.  But isn't that a cute girly Tupperware shape sorter toy!
 Anisa made this blanket - both sides. So lovely and soft.
Just a few of the gifts.
Evelyn's Great-Grandma Troyer made this lovely fluffy pink baby towel.

Aunt Molly sound some unique and awesome books, "Goodnight Oregon"

 and
 "Little Chef".
Great-Aunt Jean and Serena picked out a fancy dress!
That's more than a little baby bump! Such a beautiful mama! Steph is talking to the shower co-hosts Anisa and Venisa, and Stacy, her friend/former boss.
Look at the adorable personalized rocking bear that Stacy gave her! 
(Sorry about the closed eyes Molly, I only took the one pic!) As Molly was carrying it out to the car, I realized I didn't have a side-view shot of this. I also managed to forget to take a pic of Steph and Venisa together. So sorry, girls.
But I got a pic of Evelyn's mom, grandma and great-grandma.
And one of her mom and grandma with her Great-Aunt Linda.

Thank you, Venisa and Anisa, for all the love you poured into making this a special shower. This baby is already loved by so many. 

Steph and her mom invited me to go shopping with them the next day and we had a great time. Her mom generously finished outfitting her nursery and we had fun looking at so many cute little girl things!  She is definitely all set now, with everything a baby girl should need! (And I'll be back to check the clearance rack at Old Navy on a regular basis!)

When I was expecting my second child about 27 years ago, I remember feeling some concern that I would ever be able to love another baby as much as I loved my first.  How could there possibly be another baby that special and precious? Fortunately I learned that the capacity to love is limitless, that it's impossible not to cherish and treasure each tiny unique new life that God blesses us with. So I harbor no worry whatsoever that, unbelievable as it may seem, I will be just as smitten with my granddaughter as I am with my one and only grandson. Yes, daughter-in-laws, I assure you, I am going to be just as crazy about each and every grandchild as I have been and still am about the first one!

April 23! Please don't be "late, little Evelyn! You have a wonderful mommy and daddy and so many relatives and friends waiting to love you!


1 comment: