Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Quiet Week

I should have posted an advertisement for the Tangent community garage sales that were held here Saturday. We cleaned out our shed and closet and didn't even fight too much about what to get rid of. It helps when I just say yes dear and then hold firm to a price that no one wants to pay. But it's pretty amazing what people will pay money for. Anisa brought her stuff over too. Venisa joined us before lunch and we had a good time sitting in the 70 degree sunshine, chatting with old friends and new as they passed through. My leftover junk fit in my trunk, and I will drop it off at Goodwill tomorrow. Although I must admit a few things went back in the shed. I don't know how we collected so many rubber rafts and floating devices, but I have vowed we will use them this summer. I mean it.

Nick took off early Wednesday morning to help at the Search and Rescue Academy. He returned home today, full of stories and enthusiasm about how great it was to be part of the Cadre instead of a recruit. He spent most of the afternoon on the couch sound asleep, making up for sitting around a campfire til midnight, getting up at 5:30 a.m. and spending his days working hard. I hope he can sleep tonight.

I am excited to have one more week of work before my month of unemployment that comes along every July. Yea! I love summer.

No comments: