Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Too Good to be True

I'm afraid my new co-worker is just too good to be true.

I intended to cut some flowers to put on her desk for her first day. I didn't get around to it, but she walked in with two huge bouquets of roses, one for each of our desks. I learned she has 50 rose bushes. Isn't that interesting, we both love roses and like to have bouquets on our desk. She brings fresh bouquets every Monday morning.

A few days later when I went out to my car I spotted a red Mustang next to it. Turns out it's hers. I have always secretly coveted red Mustangs.

Last week she brought us both a yogurt parfait that she made, layered with granola, blueberries, strawberries and bananas. I love yogurt parfaits. It was fantastic.

Friday when there was no school she brought her dinner leftovers for us to share for lunch - some delicious teriyaki chicken and twice baked potatoes.

She went crabbing last weekend and brought me some crab to take home and share with my family. She was a little concerned that I'd forget it and it would stink up the refrigerator, so before she left for the day, she put a little sticky note on my purse that said "crab". (Will had his own interpretation of what that might mean.)

Yesterday she wore a black shirt with white polkadots. I own the exact same shirt.

We like so many of the same things and are similar in many ways, but she is just all around a better person than I. The big difference is, she actually follows through and does things, whereas I have lots of good intentions but very weak follow-through.

So she is inspiring me to be a better person.....but I am at a loss of how to reciprocate all the good things she keeps bringing.

Oh rats, I was so pleased when I came home today and my kitchen was spotless. The boys all work evenings, and sometimes when I come home (to my great displeasure) I can tell exactly what they ate for lunch/after school snack. Not a crumb of evidence today - until now. This laptop is on the dining room table, and I just realized my elbow was sticking to the table. Then I see grape jelly on the corner of the voters pamphlet that is next to the computer. Good grief.

2 comments:

paula54 said...

She sounds like a keeper! A lesson to learn is that not all things need to be reciprocated! Sometimes we NEED TO LEARN to be receivers and not always the giver. It's a tough lesson to learn, but the other person then gets a blessing! Just enjoy the blessings!!!! Love, Paula

Anonymous said...

Well said Paula!
Carol