Monday, December 15, 2008

Fifty is Nifty

My 50th birthday came and went last Friday, and life goes on. I wasn't too sure for awhile on Saturday. The morning seemed to be a horrible, no-good, very bad day, and I wondered if this is just how it would be now that I'm middle aged, but fortunately things stopped going wrong.

I received some funny cards, but my favorite was from Will. I learned many years ago that his method of picking out a card was to go to the rack and grab the first one he saw that looked appropriate on the front. So a card that he makes is much more meaningful! When I came home from work Friday, this was laid out on the kitchen counter, along with my invitation from the AARP and various 50 gag gifts. He wrote directly on the pictures but I can't get them to upload when I add text.

"I wonder if people will still be nice to me when I'm 50."
















Left side: "Deep inside I am smiling, yes I am."
















Right side: "I am so glad I have a mature wife."


"I am 50 now. Any questions?"
"No ma'am."
















"Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!"

Those are some flattering pictures. Will had way too much fun with the camera at softball games.
A belated birthday gift today really topped it off. A snow day to stay home from work, wear my cozy new fleece jammies all morning, drink coffee and tea and address Christmas cards. I'm even making homemade chili for dinner. Who ever has time for that? Can't remember the last time. Nick can hardly wait or dinner, it smells so good. I have go to make cornbread now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Your card is in the mail. Betsy bought it, I signed it, then forgot to send it. Of all the things I've lost in my 58 years, I miss my mind the most! Your bro......can't remember my name!!!