Saturday, December 06, 2008

Not for those with delicate sensibilities

My most recent texting miscommunication was quite amusing to me though quite disgusting as well.

I was working late one night last week and Will and I decided it would be a good night to go out to eat before heading home. He was doing some shopping and sent me a text when he left Fred Meyer. I texted back, "I am finishing a po". I was mystified by his return text. "OMG!" I checked my Sent text and it said exactly what I wanted it to. So we met at Pings and eventually he mentioned to Nick that he just wouldn't believe the text I sent him. "She told me she was finishing a poo!" No, I said I was finishing a PO, that's a purchase order. I don't know how to capitalize! I laughed loud and heartily, and Nick asked his father to please not ever make mom laugh in public again!

My new favorite quote: "Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused." Indeed.

No comments: