Thursday, December 12, 2013

Birthday Gifts

Counting my birthday gifts….

1.  Phone conversations with my sister Jean and three of her younguns…and they all sang happy birthday on speaker phone. When I told Serena I was 55, she asked, "Is that old?" They can't wait to come on Saturday, go to Bethlehem, have pizza, play at the park. I can't wait either!

2. School went from two hour delay to a day off due to icy roads and freezing rain forecast. It's the first time school was cancelled on my birthday! (Or maybe I'm just so old I can't remember if school was ever cancelled on my birthday!) And it was Consecutive Snow Day #5! I'm really sure we've never had that many!

3. My gift to myself: completing this year's goal of running 700 miles. Today's run made this year's total 700.3.  It was probably the last time I'll get these snowy landscape views because the temps are finally above freezing. Hopefully the last time I'll see one of these ugly critters too. Yep, I got to do a little wildlife photography today. Two nutria were along the road, but one slithered into the ditch when I approached. I crossed the road and took a few shots as this one brazenly stayed in sight.
On the way back, the brave one had crossed the road and lay in wait for me.  I crossed the road and it started toward me but I kept on moving. Eeuw.

5. I requested French Onion Soup made by my oldest son. It turned out absolutely delicious, and he also made some fabulous walnut encrusted chicken. Yum! We enjoyed a wonderful family dinner, missing Christina who was unable to come. 
Here they are, holding some of the gifts they brought. (I'm holding my first Grandma mug!) It was a fun and noisy night. (Least you are mislead by the iPhone in Molly's hand, let me clarify: No, that wasn't a gift to me!)

6. Family. Boys. Girls. A husband who puts studded tires on my car. Love. Warmth. Laughter.  Friends. Only a few of the many gifts the overflow in my life. So blessed.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice dress and ideal gift for men.
visit birthday gifts here for huge collection of birthday gift.