Sunday, January 18, 2015

Kam Wears His Daddy's Clothes

Kam arrived today looking like the modern fashionable baby that he is...

 But tonight was the night that Nana finally dressed him up in the one outfit she saved from his daddy's baby wardrobe ever so many years ago. It's especially precious to me because some pictures of Baby Nick dressed in this outfit with his Great-Aunt Jeannine, shown at the end of this blog.

Baby Nick, January 1992, age 6 months
 I never saw a picture of Kam smiling that I didn't love!
 His mom and dad really know how to make him laugh! (Well, he finds his mom especially hilarious!
 All these laughing baby pictures may look just the same to you as you quickly scroll down, but this discerning nana sees subtle differences to enjoy in each one!




Kam and his daddy Nick
Such a big boy!!
 And here is the picture of my Aunt Jeannine (my mom's sister) with Nick. They visited in December, 1991.  (My mom passed away when I was 14, so my aunts are especially precious to me.)
Just as awesome is this picture of Nick in this outfit with my Aunt Jeannine, his brothers, cousins and his Great-Uncle Lester.
Brittany Troyer, Craig, Tyler Troyer, Eric
Maybe I'm weird, but I love this nostalgic bit of family history being passed on to Kam in this little way. 
I wish I knew what Kam was thinking…he was staring at me with great concern for awhile.  Probably wishing he could thank me for the chance to wear his daddy's old outfit, which his daddy seemed to think looked a little goofy!
And the story continues with Kam and his Nana. I'm going to hold onto the outfit for Kam's son to wear someday!

No comments: