Saturday, January 03, 2015

Maui: Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 20-21

Saturday morning I awakened from a dream about moving to a different office and falling off a ledge on a second store parking lot. When I looked at the clock, I leaped out of bed in a panic thinking I was keeping Steve waiting, because we were planning on running at 6:30. Will, awakened by texts from Nick about possible flooding at home, pointed out that it was only 5:30 so I climbed back in bed, all dressed and ready to go running an hour later!

After breakfast, we all headed to the Maui Swap Meet in Kahului. Purses and bags, aprons, jewelry, pottery, hats, clothing, produce, shark tooths, and so much more! Steve had warned us it would get warm so we should go early, and he was correct. That sunshine was hot indeed. For some reason, the guys were tired of shopping before we girls were, so they got in Steve's SUV and left to go do other fun things.

After purchasing all kinds of fun things that we couldn't live without, we came back to the house for a late lunch. JD was in charge of the hot dogs on the grill and we had a smorgasbord of leftovers as well. After lunch, we headed to DT Fleming Beach, a favorite for boogie boarding for some of those among us. Gorgeous weather around 80 degrees.

Stanley and I were hankering for a different sunset scene to photograph, so after we got home, we walked/ran to beach with our cameras in time to catch it. I never did get used to seeing a Christmas tree lit up down by the beach during early morning and evening. Lovely though!



We had to photograph some of the lights at Whaler's Village on our way back.
And below is the view from our lanai upon our return.
Kathleen and Rachelle made some delicious spaghetti for dinner, then Stanley and JD did dishes. A little later, a hard-fought game of Scrabble was enjoyed by some of us.

On Sunday, Katelyn and I enjoyed a morning run, although when it comes time to go back up the hill to the house, it's bye-bye Katelyn! I can't even attempt to keep up!
The sun was just peeking over the mountain as we returned up the hill.
We enjoyed a fantastic breakfast of pancakes with coconut syrup and macadamia nuts. The family warmed up with a song or two at the breakfast table. I can't get videos to upload to Blogspot these days or I would be sharing some good stuff.  And I don't mean just serious singing!

Then we went out to the lanai where they sang some more and we joined in, and Steve spoke about a Bible passage that he had been pondering. It was really good and I thought I would remember it, but two weeks later at home, I cannot recall it for the life of me! Though I am sure it will come back to me!
Have I mentioned that this family can sing? I mean SING! 

Love love love to listen to them and to sing along!
The view from the lanai during our worship service.


























Then it was back to DT Fleming Beach, for some of us to loll about in the sun and for others to enjoy the waves!
Steve, Stanley and JD
I believe that is Will on the left with the boogie board, getting ready to hear "Uncle Will" a million times while his great-nephews attempt to teach him the secrets of boogie boarding.
Such a friendly guy.
Steve cooked some steaks on the grill that evening, which apparently put the kids in a really great mood!

They taught us to play "Powwow" later on.


And we had popcorn. So fun!

No comments: