Friday, September 08, 2006

The First Week is Over!

It's good to have the first week of school behind us. Our numbers are at an all time high, 675 compared to our previous all time high of 650 last year. Six years ago when I started, we were about 585. All week long, I have been responding to forgetful children. "I forgot my lunch number." "I locked my locker combo in my locker." "Can you print me a new schedule, I left mine at home in my pocket." Then we have the brilliant parents. One of them, looking at his child's schedule which is numbered 1 through 8 listing the classes, asked how he knows which one to go to first!

Nick and Eric have bonded, riding to school together every day. Eric showed him how to get his schedule changed, dropping Drama for the Computer Apps class he wanted but didn't get. It came through today. Nick is really enjoying his electronics class, wanting to go to Radio Shack today to buy the junk to make a circuit like they did in class.

It's been a very hectic week and I was looking forward to coming home and relaxing tonight, but something better came up. Nick and I were shopping for a few more school clothes. (I brought home a polo shirt for Nick off a clearance rack earlier this week. He laughed. It has a pocket. He would never wear it. Or if he could rip the pocket off he would wear it.) So we were at Mervyn's big sale after school when Jody called, asking if we could keep Brenden for a few hours. (Anisa as always was her first choice but she didn't answer her phone. I'm not bitter, I know it's a geographical issue. I hope.) So Nick and I picked up Brenden and got to hang out with him. We visited Brittany and family on our way to the park. He didn't want to leave there to go to the park, but he loved the park. He was about to go down the slide when a cute little girl noticed there was water at the bottom of it so she wiped it off with her shirt! It's too bad there couldn't have been more people here to witness Brenden saying goodbye to Uncle Will, giving him a hug and a kiss on the lips! It was very cute.

No comments: