Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday Night Adventures

This evening Eric and Molly came by on their way to meet friends for dinner before the Jr-Sr Prom, the first prom they've ever gone to. We had just enough time to snap a few photos before we all had to leave. They looked incredible.
I rarely, make that never, have the opportunity to stand next to Eric when he's well dressed, so I handed the camera to Nick and asked him to take one to document this momentous occasion.
Nick and I then went to the wedding of Nathan Riley's twin sister Katy. It was beautiful, and we enjoyed visiting with Nathan and his wife Kari. They are very excited about how God is working in Craig's life and say they have been very blessed to be a part of it. I was happy to be able to thank them in person for literally being the hands and feet of Jesus to Craig. What a joy for my son to have friends who love him so much.
After the wedding I took Nick out to eat at Applebees. We tried to do this Friday night after his baseball game but didn't have the desire to wait in the long line. I felt he deserved some sort of compensation for his hard work and great attitude catching in a lopsided game which we lost badly -(13-2 after five innings). He caught four of those very long innings for pitchers who were having a difficult time, which meant a lot of diving and jumping and running for wild pitches, as well as many throws to second and third.
At Applebees, an elderly man was sitting alone at a table caddy-corner from us. When I walked by him he reached out to me and said something like, "Do I recognize you?" I just said hello and kept walking. He talked to or reached out to grab the hand of nearly every woman who went by, trying to chat with them. The waitresses seemed familiar with him and were very adept at having a few friendly words with him and moving on. A little girl and her dad were at the table beside us, and after awhile the little girl said loudly, "Daddy, that man behind you is a very nice man!" Daddy says, "Shhh, be quiet." "But Daddy, he's really nice. He's a really nice man." "Shhh!!" Nick and I were discreetly laughing because we could see this daddy desperately did not want the nice man to hear himself being called a nice man and turn around to join their dinner!
We would have let Will come along, but he's in Idaho visiting his dad. Unfortunately for us. We were driving the Durango to show off the "For Sale" signs, and when we got home around 9:00, we discovered we were locked out of the house, because the Durango key ring does not include a house key. This happened to Nick and I a few days ago, and he was in the front window in a flash. I immediately locked the front window, telling him he needed to carry his key in his wallet. Yikes. Tonight he was still not carrying his key, and the window was still locked. While I was standing on the front porch wondering how hard it would be to hook up with Eric at the prom and get his house key, thinking it would serve him right after all the times he's locked himself out of the car, Nick was smart enough to check the side garage door. I wonder how long that door had been unlocked. Fortunately for us, or we might still be sitting out on the front porch shivering.

2 comments:

SAHM said...

Molly is even more beautiful all dolled up! So's Eric! ;) I have locked myself out of my house recently as well, but it was with Lucy still inside it. Lucy shut the door on us and stood in the front window grinning. I tore out a window screen and hoisted Tavin up, all in record time.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the time someone locked themselves in the bathroom and couldn't "unlock" the door. Good thing there is more than one way into rooms! Molly & Eric make a beautiful couple. Molly is especially gorgeous! Eric, you're not too bad either! Aunt Carol