Monday, April 16, 2007

Craig's Thoughts

I am thinking of Craig right now, sitting in the airport in Munich waiting for a flight to south America. He called yesterday and we got to visit with him. Listening to him express how grateful he is for the grace of God in his life never grows old for me. But his new love for Jesus does not seem to have diminished his sarcastic wit, as evidenced from his My Space posting yesterday. I got permission from him to reproduce it here so you can hear about this adventure in his own words. I admit I fixed the spelling and a little punctuation, but I restrained myself from any additional editing!

From Craig's My Space, March 15: "Tomorrow I get the esteemed privilege of spending the night in the München airport. I have to tell you I am very excited. I can barely contain myself. It's been my dream ever since I was a small child to spend the night in a Bavarian Station of Airflights. Well it seems indefinitely that our flight departs from a lovely spring-sprung Deutschland at 7:10 in the morning. "So why would you have to spend the night at the airport if your flight leaves in the early morning?" Well my friends, I asked the same question when I heard of our plan (despite my initial excitement at the opportunity to fullfill my boyhood dream!). Here's the sweet deal, we have to take a train from our area to the airport, but the thing is, the train stops running at 1:00 am and then starts again at 6:00am. The ultimate dilemma is, we need to be at the airport two hours before our flight leaves. My first destination is Caracus Venezuela, and we still don’t have a flight set up for our next destination, Curacau (a small island off the coast of VE, part of the Dutch Antilles), which is to occur directly after our arrival in Caracus. So we'll see how God provides. Hopefully the verse that says we sit in a heavenly place is a prophetic word for our group sitting in first class in a sweet cheap flight.....that occurs in a couple of days.... Hopefully.
Well, if you’re one of the few people who talk to God these days, try to put in a word or two for our group. Well I will probably write a big piece of mail or two within the next two months regarding the work God has called and placed me in front of. I am really in awe at his active faithfulness. A current relational God of truth and perfection is difficult to find these days. I hope you can get a piece of the pie eventually."

No comments: