Sunday, September 16, 2007

Stepping back in Time

During his junior year in high school, Craig played the drums in a band called Mere Image with Nathan Riley (who brought him to Germany), Logan Martin, and Nick Saemenes (who is now Nathan's brother-in-law). Anyway, yesterday Logan came by to take Craig away for the day and his first comment was that Craig looked so old! Here they are, an interesting pair as always.I got to thinking about the old days and pulled out Craig's scrapbook to look at some pictures from a Mere Image photo shoot. Yes, they have changed a little since they were 17!
Left to right, Nick, Logan, Craig, Nathan.
Look at that sweet face!
His Troyer heritage makes itself known when the tongue comes out. (I just tucked mine back in!)

Logan's first album with Verbatim Records was released nationwide in August so he is doing a lot of touring now. I heard him in concert at the Venetian the day it was released. It was wonderful to see and hear his sincerity and passion as he uses the incredible voice God has blessed him with. You can listen in at his website. http://www.loganmartinmusic.com/ . I expect he will be famous some day. I never have got around to repainting my wall after he dyed his hair here late one night in 2004 and managed to dribble some dark brown dye down my kitchen wall. He replaced the bathroom rug that he ruined,but he never offered to paint the wall. Maybe the fact that it was sponge painted affected that. It's a barely visible reminder of the good old days...

I got great news yesterday when my cousin Cindi called from Arizona and said she is coming for the big family party next weekend too! Cindi's presence always seems to double the fun and laughter...but of course all the Troyers are super fun people!

No comments: