Friday, September 14, 2007

"Thank you! Goodbye"

A Friday night at home, a family pizza and movie night with all the boys. How long has it been since that happened? The boys are planning on staying up half the night watching movies. Craig's friend Jack, who has also had a life change and is very excited about leaving for Germany next week to attend a Discipleship Training School at the castle where Craig lives, is also here. It's all wonderful.

A relaxing night at home after a very busy and stressful week at work is so great. Although I did have a good stress reliever yesterday at work. We have an old phone system that will not allow voice mail for our staff members. Our new boss really wanted a voicemail on the main line so when people call after hours or when we're in a meeting or something unusual, we can leave a message about when we're open. So our office manager requested this through our district office. A few days later a parent called and mentioned that she had left us a voice mail requesting homework for her sick child. We were quite surprised. Our district office contact apologized for dropping the ball and said she would get mailbox instructions to us soon.

Yesterday morning when I arrived at work I thought I would check what the voicemail did when the phone was allowed to ring. Imagine my surprise when after five rings, a friendly voice answered, "Thank you. Goodbye." And hung up! I hate to tell you how many times a day our phone rings five times before we get to it! I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I called it a couple of times that day when I needed a laugh! I finally got the appropriate message on it this afternoon.

I am very excited for the big family shindig next weekend! I just found out that my cousin Paula and one of her boys is going to come from Nebraska also! I think the last time Paula came out was when I was in high school, and we had so much fun. Welcome to Oregon Paula!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait til next week! Your last blog with pic's really got me excited about talking to Craig. It's going to be a lot of fun. John

paula54 said...

I am also VERY excited to be able to come to Oregon for the big party! Last time I was in Oregon was for Rick and Joan's wedding. I flew with Gramma T in 1974! Today tho I'm focusing on fixing food for the big Nebraska game. There's about 16 people coming over to watch it. Then I can focus on getting ready for the trip. Can hardly wait!!!