Thursday, September 27, 2007

Last Thursday

Last week at this time, I was enjoying the beginning of a great family weekend. All the aunts and uncles went out to dinner, but a bunch of other family was hanging out at my parents house so we had to be there.

Here's my nephew Steven next to his daughter Katelyn, truly a girl after my own heart with her nose in a book. That was before all the other girls her age got there. His son JD seemed to enjoy fencing himself in with his truck. Chavan was everywhere, and Tom was content to sit and hold his sweet baby Mandy.The cousins lined up for a photo op. We are much better looking than we appear. Really, we're a beautiful family. Well, at least we can sing. Here's Cousin Rick, Cousin Paula from Nebraska, me (no I don't have a headache already, that didn't happen til my brother Mark appeared the next day!), Cousin Cindi from Arizona, Linda, Galen, Cousin Gwen, Jean and Tom.

Cousin Cindi has always been one of Linda's favorite people.
Chavan really liked Cindi's shoes!

The uncles and aunts weren't out too late so we got to see them. Dad's brother Lauren and his wife Verba, his brother Kenny and wife Phyllis, sisters Grace and Lela drove out from Nebraska. His brother Cloy and wife Norma Jean live in Albany. His two oldest brothers have already gone to meet the Lord, and one of my uncles told me that night that they had all decided they wanted to all be together again without the occasion of a funeral. We enjoyed their presence so much, and my boys appreciated realizing that all these old folks had a great sense of humor!

No comments: