Sunday, April 27, 2008

Decorating

Last weekend my neice Jody came to help me re-decorate the house after it's recent painting. We went shopping the Saturday before to buy a few new things. She wouldn't let me put up some of my favorite old things. Can you believe, she said NO to my Home Interiors oak mirrored candle sconces? I sneaked them up to my bedroom. But there were some old things even I knew had outlived their decor value. I am not gifted with any decorating abilities, neither do I notice current trends. But Jody has a very good eye. I assumed I would stick with blue for new living room curtains. I like blue, and my kitchen, living room and family room were predominantly blue. She gently steered me toward other colors, and I ended up with cranberry red drapes in my living room, and found a few coordinating accessories. I love it!

Jenna apparently has already inherited her mother's sense of decor at age 2. She was trying to figure out the best place to put a discarded frame. "How about here?"
Jenna took quite a liking to her great-uncle Will, but she wasn't too sure about Nick. When he came downstairs for breakfast with his large head of morning hair sticking out everywhere, she just stared, pointed, and said, "Hair!" She kept her distance. But she followed Uncle Will everywhere. When the hail started pouring down outside, she wanted him to pick her up to watch it out the window. When the hail ended, Will went out to work in the garage. Jenna stood at the door and wailed, even perhaps stomping her feet. a bit She was quickly allowed to join him there and happily ran to get her sweatshirt.

Thank you Jody, for sharing your time, your talents, and your little girl with us!

1 comment:

paula54 said...

How sweet is that! Jenna probably thought Will was a big teddy bear! How are things with your Dad? Lela said he was in the hospital. Here's my e-mail if you'd like it. paula_pickerill@yahoo.com. Love reading your blog.