Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Newsletter from Sarah

I am posting the most recent newsletter from Sarah (Craig's girlfriend from Germany who is also on the Curacao team which he is a part of). It took me a few weeks to get around to doing this because I had trouble with the pictures. I wasn't able to get all of them to download but I got a few. I interrupted her phone call with Craig on Sunday to get her permission to post it. Here it is.

Amsterdam, the 10th of April, 2008

Hey guys!
This is going to be my last newsletter from Europe...because we will go to Curacao soon!!! But first, let me tell you a bit about the time here in Amsterdam.

As you might know, Amsterdam is considered to be the most international city in the world with over 130 different nations residing in it. So it's not surprising that the YWAM base here in Amsterdam has staff from all over the world as most YWAM bases do. And just as colourful as the mixture of people are the various ministries.
We as the Curacao team (or Islands2Nations team) were especially involved in the “Tabernacle of the Nations“ , a house for the 24/7 prayer here in Amsterdam. It was a good preparation seeing as our DTS on Curacao in September is a Tabernacle-DTS with focus on prayer and worship. This DTS comes out of the Amsterdam base but at the same time, it will be the start of the YWAM Curacao. Our outreach in January 2009 will be in Amsterdam and perhaps even in Germany or other parts of Europe.

Furthermore, I was part of the worship team here at the base and was working as well a lot on the computer. We also had the chance to speak in several Curacao churches here in Amsterdam and to invite different youth groups for the DTS. Once, we were even filmed by the Caribbean TV- a special honour and opportunity!

The time here was really important for us as a team. Not only to get to know each other better but especially to seek the Lord's will for the next few months. In the meantime we also got a new member, Luis from California. And there are still more people applying...so keep on praying for God's wisdom for us that we might make the right decisions.

On the 12th of April we are leaving to Curacao even though we will be heading straight to the Dominican Republic from there. There we will organise the YWAM Caribbean staff conference, leading the children programm and recieving general instruction on event-managment. We will move on to Curacao at the end of May until the beginning of July. There we hope to strengthen contact with the local churches there, invite people for the DTS and look for a house where we can stay and where the DTS can take place.

Presently I would say many things are still open. We however still don't know where we will be staying on Curacao, how many students will come and how many staff we need...We must continue to rely on God's grace as far as communication( internet,applications, cultural) and finances go. It's not by our own strength or power...

Personally, I'm doing good and I'm looking forward to make the next step. Because I knew I would only be here for two months it's easier for me to leave this place and the people here. And my heart beats for Curacao! By the way,“Curacao“ means“ heart“ (span.curazon) and is also connected to the latin word“ curare“ what means“healing“....

I am really thankful for your guys' support in the last months and I was even able to pay my flights on time (a miracle!)! I'm still looking and praying for longterm supporters but in the last few weeks, I experienced a couple of supernatural surprises! A little changing will take place as well. My boyfriend Craig will go back to the States for the next four months to strengthen/build up relationships with his supporters. In August he will join our team again and I plan to visit him and his family in July. Regarding that we are open for every prayer as this is going to be another challenging time for our relationship. We know, it's the right thing for him to do and“our strength comes from the Lord“ as my Mum quotes in one of her songs.

As soon as it's possible, I will update you from the Dominican Republic and I will give you as well my new address from there.

Greetings and blessings,
Sarah

Sarah Morgenstern
YWAM Santiago
Colle 2, Casa8, El Dorado 2
Santiago, Republica Dominicana
Tel: 809-304-5919
Sparkasse Oberlausitz- Niederschlesien
Blz 85050100 Kto 4001111174
BIC-/SWIFT-Code: WELADED1GRL
IBAN-Nummer: DE07 8505 0100 4001 1111 74

News from“ Around the world in a toy car“- this time on the streets of Amsterdam

(And LeAnn says: I can't wait to meet her in July!)

No comments: