Thursday, July 03, 2008

Happy 17th Birthday Nick!

For the first time in several years, we are not camping or on a family reunion trip on Nick's birthday. He was looking forward to having a party with his friends but discovered to his chagrin that important friends were not around, so we postponed a friend party.

We went to Albany and met Will for lunch at a Mexican restaurant. I always like to get a picture of the boys with their father on their birthday, and I have no pictures of Will in the new green uniform they started wearing a couple months ago so I planned ahead and brought my camera. Believe me, it was not easy to get this picture. Will declared he would not cavort around a parking lot and pose for a picture in uniform. So I had to make it really really quick! I have no clue what to buy this boy so we went shopping "together" for his birthday present. I followed him into Radio Shack at the mall and was immediately bored. I asked, "Do you think we would both have more fun if we shopped separately and you call me when you find something you like?" His affirmative response came almost too quickly. So we both enjoyed some shopping time and he called me from the electronics department of Target awhile later. I found him there with a pleased grin on his face and a great sale on the desired object. I was a little surprised that he would want this but he assured me he did. So I bought him a new wireless internet router that he says is 20 times faster than our other one. He started to tell me more things about it but we both realized it was pointless because I just don't speak the language!

I can't believe my baby is going to be 18 in one more year!!! Will he be as tall as his father? He's getting close.....

No comments: