Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Sweet Sunday

It has been a perfect Sunday, starting as usual at our wonderful church on this gorgeous sunny day. I always love being on worship team when my boy Craig is on the drums, so that was a joy this morning. Add to that the unexpected pleasure of visiting with my sweet, beautiful friend Etta from Prineville. Then home to the usual Sunday family dinner.

Eric was quite an eye-catching sight when he walked in the door. He recently did some clothing shopping at the estate sale of an elderly chap with whom he used to visit at the service station. Very spiffy. I sent some Shout stain remover home with him because Eric and light-colored clothes have not been very compatible in the past!


He had forgotten that today's plan was some guy time working on the Bronco in the beautiful afternoon sunshine. Fortunately the jacket was removable.

They "work" together quite well.

A good time was had by all, and the Bronco started. They even sat in it with Zeek.

Meanwhile, I pursued one of my favorite hobbies in the back yard. I spent all day yesterday working outside, and we all know that we must not work on Sunday.

Will had some time to enjoy the fruits of his labors from this past week, what he calls "the world's second ugliest chair". It was "the world's ugliest chair" before he lowered the arm rests. I believe a coat of paint will remove it from any ugly chair lists. What a great use for the old deck timbers!

While I lounged on my chair in the warm sunshine, I spoke with my little brother Doug on the phone. He said he wanted to take his car for a spin and would be out to visit soon. I reminded the boys that Doug has had his beautifully restored Mustang since he was in high school, and Nick hopefully said, "I wonder if a 1992 Corolla will ever be a classic?" What a dreamer!

Church, family, friends, sunshine, health, love and laughter. I count my blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1993 corrolla!