Saturday, July 10, 2010

Colorado Vacation: First Day

We survived our first day on the road together and remained cute and fun to be with for approximately 98% of our day. Last week my brother Doug commented that he wished we would have a video camera in our vehicle that he could listen in on as we travel together, so I will make him happy and share some of the things he would have enjoyed.

There is a bit of back ground noise as you drive on these concrete roads in a big pickup, pulling an RV. It makes it difficult to converse at times. Neither of us are the least bit hard of hearing of course. We had lunch at Cousins and as we left I noticed their sign said "WiFi hotspot". So I asked Will, "What does the Fi in WiFi stand for?" His reply was "What about fire?" Later as we drove through the mountains I heard him say something about orange sheep. I looked around and said, "What about orange sheep?" Oh, actually he said, "Watch for big horn sheep!"

As we were pulling out of a gas station after filling up, I asked Will how many miles we had gone. He said about 300 miles on that tank. "Oh, that's good, isn't it," I replied. With a slight edge of testiness in his voice he said, "So you were sleeping for two hours and now I'm trying to concentrate on getting out of here and you are full of questions!" "Well, excuse me," said I pleasantly, "I forgot that we can't all multi-task." So after we got back on the interstate, he said, "OK, what were you asking?" "I believe I said, "That's pretty good, isn't it?" That's all!" Ok, maybe this is what Doug was talking about!

Will doesn't like to drive this many miles in one day with the RV and says the rest of our days will be shorter. I'm not sure what his problem is, I quite enjoyed the long drive. I had a morning nap, an afternoon nap, and a late afternoon nap and viewed beautiful scenery in between. Zeek happily napped all day also. We won't even talk about Will trying to show me how to get maps and tracking apps on his new Incredible phone. i think I did just fine for someone with my stunted tech capabilities. Don't ask him what he thinks!

Now we are in an RV park in Meridian, Idaho. Will's sister brought dinner, which we ate outside at the picnic table. We will spend more time with her and his cousin tomorrow. It's midnight here, better get to bed because I won't have much time to nap tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little jealous of your travels! Not the "hearing" issues but just being able to see all the beautiful country and sheep! :) A wise person once said,"the further you go the more you see"! Carol